Thursday 29 December 2011

Rabbit Fur Coat - Jenny Lewis with The Watson Twins

I might have mentioned once or twice that I am rather fond of Rilo Kiley and in particular Jenny Lewis? I'm sure I have. 'Rabbit Fur Coat' is Jenny Lewis' first solo outing. Well sort of, as it is helped along by the wonderful harmonies of The Watson Twins. For an album of country tinged pop there is none finer.
In particular the lyrics are well worth listening to - witty, soulful and meaningful in equal measures. 'Rise Up With Fists!!!' in particular is worth a listen - it has become one of my favourite songs since I first heard it.
For any drummers reading check out the fade out in 'Born Secular'. Brill without being too showy.
In short, I love this album as you can probably tell. Right I'm off back inside - we're having broadband issues and I've had to write this in the street! Brrr. Now that's dedication to the cause!



No comments:

Post a Comment