Friday 16 December 2011

Electric - The Cult

Against my better judgement, I was persuaded to listen to this tonight over their previous album 'Love'. Why? Well I have always preferred 'Love' to anything else in The Cult's repertoire. It's a matter of opinion. But I know I'm right!
But as I had not listened to this album in a long while giving 'Electric' a spin in my CD was more in keeping with this project.
And? Well this album rocks! Riffs-a-plenty, scorching solos and arguably one of the best voices in rock music. Not for the faint hearted but ideal for would be air guitarists!
I still prefer 'Love' but this album has gone up in my estimation - I used to think it had a couple of decent tracks, mostly the singles, but the rest were poor imitations - now I can appreciate it for what it is - a cracking straightforward rock album. And there is nothing wrong with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment