Thursday 22 December 2011

Moon Safari - Air

This is my album of choice to relax to and I haven't heard it for quite a few months. Now you could easily assume that I must have had an easy time recently if I have had no need for 'Moon Safari'. Perhaps, or it could be that a daily blog consisting of only one album might be a little monotonous, or worse self-indulgent. You could equally assume that I must have been really tense to have been deprived of my relaxation aid all this time. If this were the case then I would not like to be the one who had to live with me! Either way I was due a listen.
This album is über-cool and very French. In fact, if this album were a person then it would, right now, be driving around in a convertible Citroen, sucking on Gitanes trying to impress the opposite sex with his air of sophistication. Hey! I might have struck upon a new game there - let's see if it works for other albums. 'Revolver' by The Beatles; young man in his mid twenties, black hair, leather jacket and works in a music shop. And another 'Graceland' by Paul Simon; Woman in her mid to late thirties, well dressed and travelled, currently working in advertising but dreams of running her own clothes design business..... It anyone reads this and it becomes a TV sensation I'll take 10%.
....where was I? Oh yes, 'Moon Safari'. For an electronic album, it manages to feel warm and soothing as well as sounding like nothing else. Very much like 'Equinoxe', it opens with rain fall and takes the listener on a journey through the cosmos. Or at least that is how it sounds to me. The only time the coolness threatens to slip is during 'Ce Martin-La' when for a brief moment it sounds like the theme tune from 'Last of the Summer Wine' is fading in. But it doesn't. Thankfully. Right that's me well relaxed now, time to face the shops and the pre-Christmas panic.

No comments:

Post a Comment