Saturday 31 December 2011

Boomania - Betty Boo

I'm in a party mood today so there is only really one choice when it comes to a cartoon pop pick-me-up. Boomania was released in 1990 and it was, along with Deee-lite, the soundtrack for that summer.
It was a great summer and one in which we had a number of house parties - but being sensible I made sure that none were at our house! Each party got a little bigger than the previous and eventually, at PW's house it got a little out of hand. Too much alcohol and too many people. The party ground to a halt when objects started to get broken and someone was sick in the bath. Yuk!
But apart from that it was a fun summer with indie pop in full swing and feel-good music such as 'Where Are You Baby?' filling the airwaves. This album is guaranteed to make you smile and it has put me in good cheer as I head out for the football. Have a great New Year and I'll see you in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment