Monday 28 November 2011

Captain Swing - Michelle Shocked

This was one of those albums that I played to death when it was released and then have not touched since. (Actually I did hear it at one of SD's friends house about ten years ago but I had drunk too much red wine so it doesn't count!)
Anyway I was intrigued to see how it would fare nearly twenty years later and....... not too bad actually. Not as good as I remember it but still a fun listen. The album wanders all over stylistically from blues to jazz to swing but is better for it. None of the tracks are as good as 'Anchorage' but that would be a tall order indeed.
We've seen Michelle live - at The Irish Centre in Leeds many years ago. I seem to remember that it was a good night out...but then nights in The Irish Centre usually were!

No comments:

Post a Comment