Thursday 24 November 2011

Solitude Standing - Suzanne Vega

Making a lie of the difficult second album syndrome, 'Solitude Standing' is arguably Suzanne Vega's best album. It certainly was her most commercially successful, but experience tells us that this is not always a good thing!
Probably the most well known song on the album is 'Luka', which I had bought on cassette single. Remember them? What a bad idea. It is though a great song and an unlikely topic for a hit single. About a year ago I was reading some reviews of her live concerts and one fan actually posted this, "It was a fabulous concert and Suzanne even played 'Luka', such a beautiful song and it could've been named after me as I am also called 'Luka'". Mmmm I can't help but think she missed the meaning of the song.
We have seen Suzanne Vega on a couple of occasions and each time they have fabulous intimate affairs, especially the concert at Leeds City Varieties in 2000.

No comments:

Post a Comment