Saturday 5 November 2011

Aw Cmon / No You Cmon - Lambchop

I'm confused. I agree that it doesn't take much, but is this two separate albums or a single double album? They are packaged together, have very similar artwork and we're recorded at the same time. For the purpose of this exercise I have decided that it is a single double album(s). Or something like that.
This is one of those CDs that I bought upon release, listened to it once, enjoyed and then put back on the shelf and never listened to again.
So it was good to finally listen to it again. This album(s) has a very relaxed feel to it with instrumentals interspersed amongst the vocal tracks, Kurt Wagners's voice being gravelly yet warm. The level of musicianship on this record is absolutely astounding - the style of songs ranging from gentle lounge music to punk pop via country ballads.
I really enjoyed listening to this album again, like I did seven years ago. It is back on my shelf again but I hope it won't be so long before it gets another airing.

No comments:

Post a Comment