Thursday 1 March 2012

Lets Get Out Of This Country - Camera Obscura

Firstly, please accept my apologies for the brevity of this blog - I've just finished my fourth day of winter mountaineering training and I'm tired. Really tired. Really, really, bone achingly tired. Excuses over;

Why is it that Scotland can produce consistently good individual and melodic pop bands? Sure they are usually ignored by a London-centric music press but that does not diminish their brilliance.

Camera Obscura is one of those bands - creating consistently excellent whimsical and melodic pop music with enough of a difference in style to make them stand out he crowd.'Lloyd I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken', 'Come Back Margaret' and the title track are three excellent examples. Give them a Google and I'm sure you'll agree.

Whether you do or don't, either way 'Let's Get Out Of This Country' is a great album to chill out to whilst my aches and pains subside ready for one final day on the hill. Not sure what my choice of accompaniment will be tomorrow - it'll probably have to be good enough to revive me. But before then I'll give this album another run through - I've just about got the feeling back in my feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment