Friday 27 January 2012

Rubber Soul - The Beatles

It all too easy to remark that The Beatles had a huge influence on music. It's all been said and done. I could state that they helped shape the person that I am today. But that would be too obvious. But they did. It's hard to believe this now but there was a time when they were in danger of dropping off my musical radar. After helping me on my way I moved onto other things. Modern music. So with no real ceremony or teary farewell they fell of my playlist.......

.....until the release of their back catalogue on CD in 1987. Suddenly I had a reason to buy their albums again, ditching the vinyl in favour of the new shiny digitally stored format. It is fair to say that the harshness of the stereo mixing did not do their music any favours but the quality still shone through. Suddenly The Beatles were cool again, well almost. I still got some stick for listening to them when I should've been listening to contemporary music. Phil Collins? Feargal Sharkey. Walking down to the beach listening to 'Norwegian Wood' is a timeless memory. So welcome back John, Paul, George and Ringo. Glad you're back.



No comments:

Post a Comment