Tuesday 25 October 2011

Confessions On A Dancefloor - Madonna

.....ok so I lied. There is one Madonna album worth playing loud, 'Confessions On A Dancefloor'.
Like most teenage boys in the early 80s I went through a Madonna phase. For a brief period I was infatuated and collected the LPs, had posters on my bedroom wall and kept clippings from 'Smash Hits'. It did not last long, however, as my attention was soon grabbed by guitar based rock/pop.
I suppose this album is one of my guilty pleasures as it is incongruous with the rest of my collection. But I love it. I love the fact that it opens with an ABBA riff, I love the seamless nature the tracks. I love the way it mixes ethnic beats with New York disco. I love the unashamed kitsch moments and I love the songs. Glorious, big, bold disco beats. As guilty pleasures go it's hard to beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment