Sunday 26 August 2012

The Reminder - Feist

Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying And Learned To Embrace Advertising.

Ah the power of a carefully orchestrated advertising campaign. There I was casually watching television definitely not considering buying anything when a stylish advert by Apple started. It was all bright colours and snappy editing. Silhouettes danced. And what was that backing track? I needed to find out....

And so several days later I ended up buying 'The Reminder' by Feist. I'd been captured by advertising. For once I didn't mind. Not really. It's a great album so I didn't mind at all. '1234' was the song that the silhouettes were dancing to. It's a catchy pop song alright but thankfully it's not representative of the album. There's more depth than that. Quiet and introspective songs rub shoulders with off kilter pop tunes.

But it could've been so much different. There could've been one catchy tune and a barrage of dross. But that's the power of advertising. Like I said, don't worry and learn to live with it. You never know where it'll take you.

No comments:

Post a Comment