Thursday 23 August 2012

Everything's Different Now - 'Til Tuesday

'Til Tuesday? Never heard of 'em. Ah but wait... who's that on the front cover with the bleached spiky hair? Why it's none other than the golden voiced Aimee Mann.

'Everything's Different Now' is one of those great 80s records; well written, played with style and a nice shiny production. But what makes this one stand out from a lot of the dross that was released in the late 80s is the excellent songwriting. Ah but now you know Aimee Mann had a hand in that maybe you're not surprised?

I have to admit that I never had this album at the time, although my Dad had purchased the CD single of '(Believed You Were) Lucky'. And I listened to it a lot. It appeared on many a compilation tape and I wondered when the album would turn up!



No comments:

Post a Comment