Friday 6 July 2012

Volume One - She & Him

If there is no such thing as bad weather only bad clothing then I am going to go out on a limb and add that there is no such thing as bad weather only bad music. Or more succinctly, if the weather won't play ball then I'm going to have to pretend it's summer. From now on, in my mind at least, it's summer so only summer records will do. Banish those blues, say 'No thank you' to angsty folk and toodle-pip to melancholic rock.

So hello She & Him 'Volume One'. Within a few bars of 'Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?' I'm already lazing on a beach, sipping strawberry daiquiris and listening to the waves gently roll in. Mmmm. And all without the hassle of customs, queuing and worrying if you've locked the back door. By the time 'I Was Made For You' appear you'll seriously be considering putting on sun-tan lotion. It's not all sun-dappled pop music but even the more moody tracks on this album have a lightness to them. By the end of the album I guarantee you'll have a sunnier disposition. Just keep your eyes closed, don't look out of the window and you'll be fine. Watch that sun burn though!





No comments:

Post a Comment